I hope that you are all having a wonderful day (or night). So, today I wanted to get creative and make something! I had been seeing gorgeous pictures of yummy looking Truffles all over a Pinterest, so I decided to give it a go and try making them and OMG I had a blast! It’s probably one of the easiest deserts to make in the world and it tastes AMAZING! Since it was so easy (and it included Nutella), I decided to adapt the recipe a little bit, add in my own twists and share it with all of you! I really hope that you like it!
Alright, so this is a recipe for Nut- Oreo Truffles (yay!) which means that the inner part of the truffle is going to be made up of Nutella and Oreos! Which is awesome! This post kind of reminds me of the good ‘ole days when I started my first ever series-My Nutella Obsession. So In a way, this kind of feels like a #ThrowbackThursaday post except that it’s not Thursday-It’s Monday. 😂
Anyway, let’s get started!
For this recipe, you are going to need only three ingredients :
- A packet of cookies or Oreos. I used eight. (Since we are making Nutoreo truffles, I’m using biscuits similar to Oreos. I would use Oreos but I didn’t have any with me at that time)
- 2 tbsp of Nutella
- Chocolate!! You can get really creative with this one too! I used one bar of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate and one bar of Hershey’s Cookies and Cream chocolate.
And making them is just as easy!
- First, you have to gather your cookies (or Oreos) and blend them together until they form a fine, powder-like substance. (As shown in the above picture)
- Then you have to add in two tablespoons of Nutella and mix it all together. Nutella acts as the glue that will hold the truffle together!
- Now that your mixture is all mixed up, grab a spoonful of the mixture and mold it into a little ball.
- Then make as many more balls as you possibly can, and pop them all of them into the fridge to harden for a bit.
- While you are waiting, you can start melting your chocolate! I prefer double boiling the chocolate but you can always melt it in the microwave or opt for no coating at all. (Of course, it wouldn’t really be a truffle if you did that, but I bet it would still taste amazing!)
- Once your chocolate has melted, grab your truffles and carefully (using a spoon and a fork) dip each truffle into the the melted chocolate, and once it’s completely coated in chocolate, pierce the fork through the truffle and and then with the help of your spoon, place it onto a tray. This took me quite a while to learn -so don’t give up! And remember your truffles don’t have to be perfect so …just have fun with it!
- I decided to to make some Milk Chocolate Nut-Oreo Truflles and some Cookies and Cream Nut-Oreo truffles but you can always feel free to experiment and try tons of other flavors too!
- One you are done doing that to all of your truffles, you can decorate them and then…finally eat them! ❤
YUM!! ☺️ that was actually so much easier than I anticipated and I definitely enjoyed every single moment of making it! Oh and it tasted Scrumptious!! 😍😍
Truffles are quite odd, you know,the outer texture is so smooth and chocolaty but on the inside, it’s filled with soft crumbs of Oreos and Nutella which altogether makes them absolutely delicious! 😍
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it!! (and making the truffles of course!). Do let me know in the comments down below if you have ever made truffles before and if you love them as much as I do now! Oh and please let me know if you are going to try this out as well! I’d love to know how it turns out for you!
P.S-The gorgeous B&W picture was taken by my lovely brother, so credit goes to him for that! Thanks bro! ☺️❤
A little disclaimer-The original idea and recipe do not belong to me, I just modified a recipe that I found and I wanted to share it with all of you!