I hope that you have all been having a great week so far! Or should I say great year..? I honestly cannot believe it’s 2018 already!! It feels so unreal. I’ve also got to get used to writing ‘2018’ on everything now haha..
I really wanted to post this during the last week of December, but for some reason the WordPress app keeps freezing and crashing and whenever I attempted to read any body else’s post or type up my post and tried to save it, everything just kept getting deleted which was quite odd..? (I am going to email WordPress about it and hopefully the issue will get resolved soon!)
Anyway! It’s 2018 everyone!! That means it’s a new year which also means new goals and a whole new year of opportunities! 😊
2017 was an amazing year. Definitely a year that would be impossible to forget. I learnt so much and experienced so many things that I literally could have only dreamed of experiencing!
But before I get onto that, I just want to look back at my 2017 goals and see if I successfully accomplished them last year. I actually did a blog post on this last year as well,and it was really fun! You can check it out here.
- Reach 500 followers ❌ (We didn’t hit 500 yet, but it was really close!)
- Guest post on other people’s blogs✔️ (I only gust posted once, but it was still really fun!)
- Design another person’s blog ❌
- Redesign my own blog ✔️ (You can check out my Blog Makeover Series, here, here and here)
- Start a Bullet Journal ✔️ (I started one but I still haven’t gotten around to using it regularly yet)
- Collaborate with more people✔️✔️ 🙂
- Blog regularly every week ❌ 😭 (Unfortunately I couldn’t accomplish this but I’m definitely trying!)
- Complete one year of blogging! ✔️
- Do well in School ✔️ (this one was kind of vague but I definitely worked really hard last year and I think it paid off quite a bit 😊)
- Read over 50 books ✔️✔️ (I read over 140 books last year which was AMAZING!)
- Smile at least 5 people in one day✔️✔️ 😁
- Experiment with different styles✔️✔️ (I experimented a LOT during the holidays and I tried to dress up as a fun character every day. I had a blast!)
- Visit a place I haven’t ever been to before ✔️ (I explored a couple of other local places too, but you can check out my Singapore travel diary here)
- Make Unicorn poop! ❌ (Hopefully I can try it out this year)
- Get better at photography ✔️ (I hope I did at least haha..)
- Learn to Code ✔️ (I did learn a few of the basics but I still have a LOT more to do, I can’t wait to learn it all though!)
Goals wise-I think I did pretty well? I mean I didn’t accomplish everything but I still had a lot of fun, and I’m just going to use the goals that I haven’t accomplished as motivation to do better this year! 😊❤️
I made a couple of goals for this year and I hope that when I look back onto this post (next year! 😍) I can say that I’ve accomplished my goals!
- Reach 700 followers? (I’m dreaming big! 😊)
- Start up ‘Positive Vibes Only’
- Collaborate with TONs more people
- Try to blog regularly (I’m definitely going to try my hardest to accomplish this one!)
- Start up a new series
- Experiment with new kinds of blog posts! (Blog about something that I haven’t blogged about before!)
- Learn a new language! (I’ve started to learn Italian and I’m really enjoying it so far!)
- Get better at coding
- Read 200 books! 📚
- Try out different at least 3 different kinds of food.
- Successfully make slime? 😂
- Take up a new sport!
- Experiment with new things and challenges!
- Do well in school (And work harder! 😊)
- Bake more! (I haven’t been baking very much lately, and I really miss it)
- Write, Write and Write some more!
Like I mentioned in my post last year, I want to keep my goals fun and achievable (well hopefully anyway!) so that I can enjoy doing them! 😉
Last year was lovely and I enjoyed every single minute of it! Nothing in life is perfect but sometimes you just have to stop looking for perfection and just LIVE in the moment.
A little motto I had on holiday was- Have No Regrets! And that included not doing anything silly but just making the most out of every opportunity that I got. And I did it.
Usually I’m quite a cautious person, but last year I’ve learnt that if you don’t grab your opportunities when they come, you might never get them back.
It’s like time. Once it’s gone, it cannot be replaced or bought back. So from now on, I’m hopefully going to make the most out of every moment! Because it’s something to truly treasure and it’s precious. So I don’t want to take advantage of it but simply value it.😊
Blogging wise, I had a blast! I really really enjoyed being able to blog last year and although I did take quite a number of hiatuses, I’m still pleased with how the year went because I was able to genuinely enjoy the whole blogging process, and not stress myself out too much. And although it did get a bit overwhelming sometimes, it was all a part of the learning process!
The stats for this year have been quite unbelievable! In fact, IM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED! Thank you all so much for all of your support! (The reason I’m not mentioning the actual numbers is because I have already mentioned it in my blogerversary posts. Also, numbers can’t always do justice to the amount of love and support you all gave me!)
Although, I did take quite a few hiatuses, I did blog quite a bit and I really want to share my absolute favourite ones!
- SEVEN Reasons Why Your Life IS Full of Rainbows and Unicorns! 🌈🦄💗
- Sasha Chats! | Positive Vibes Only,New Blog Schedule & 380 Followers!?
- Motivational Monday : Seven Inspirational Quotes to Brighten Up Your Week!
- ❤️ A Tribute to My MUM!! + Why Mums NEED To Be Appreciated More!
- It’s FINALLY Here-The Blog PARTY BEGINS! | Celebrating 400+ Followers and My First Bloggerversary!! 😊🎉💗
- 9 Fab Days of STYLE!! | OOTDs and Inspiration! | Part Two
- I Survived?!| 5 Days of NO Wifi 😱😬
- DIY Nutella Lip Balm!
I know there are quite a lot of ’em but I just couldn’t resist!
I’ve got a TON of things planned for this year as well, (Including the posts that I wasn’t able to post last year) so I’m really really excited!!
Thank you all so much again for everything!!