This is my first post of 2019! It feels absolutely incredible and I’m really excited to write many more to come!
I wanted this post to be a chatty ‘reflections of 2018’ post and also a ‘2019 Goals and Dreams’ post. I absolutely love writing (and reading!) these kinds of posts; in fact I’ve done them for the past two years! You can check out my 2018 and 2017 posts here and here.
I also wanted to use this post as an opportunity to explain why I’ve been gone for so long?
In 2018 I constantly experienced massive blogging slumps and even though I really wanted to, I just couldn’t bring myself to blog. I know it sounds a bit silly, but it was just like I didn’t want to type up a post anymore.
It was just really odd because I’ve always enjoyed blogging. I know that blogging can, and is, a career to many people. But to me, it’s simply my hobby. And if I didn’t feel like blogging, I didn’t want to force myself to do it. I did draft many posts, took pictures, even edited them, I just couldn’t bring myself to post anything, if that makes sense?
Anyway, I think that’s long passed now. I’ve never been more excited or full of energy and excitement as I am now!
Before I started typing up this post, I went through my post last year and I realized that although 2018 was an amazing year, I hadn’t been very productive goals wise.
So, I decided to skip the goal checklist part of the post this year and just move on to the reminiscing and goals for next year!
I’m beyond grateful for all of the wonderful and amazing memories I got to make in 2018. The year started off with school and tons of extra curriculars and I definitely made an effort to get more involved in activities that I wouldn’t usually participate in and it definitely paid off!
I’ve learnt so much during the past year. I wrote down some of my favorite little life lessons to share with all of you in this blog post!
- You can really surprise yourself sometimes. You never really know what you are capable of, until you try.
- Unexpected gifts are sometimes the best ones
- Beauty is ugly without kindness. You can never be truly beautiful if you aren’t kind.
- Whatever happens in life, always happens for a reason
- Life is surprising. Learn to expect the unexpected.
- You need to be patient to cultivate patience. (Oh the irony)
- You never know what a sincere compliment can do.
- when words fail to be heard, silence can speak volumes
- Always stand up for what you believe in, you will make yourself proud.
- If all else fails, eat chocolate. It keeps the dementors away. 😉
As I mentioned in my post last year, my motto for 2018 was to live with no regrets which I think I definitely managed to accomplish!
- My Party! I’d wanted to throw a proper party and invite all of my friends for absolutely ages and I finally did it last year! It was definitely a day full of amazing (and funny!) memories that I’d definitely not forget haha..
- Traveling to Dubai! I had the opportunity to travel there a few weeks ago and I had an amazing time! The sun,sand and shopping definitely didn’t disappoint. 💗
- My First Escape Room! It was an hour full of mystery, fun and brain wracking excitement. I loved it.
- Reading! I read some mind blowing-ly wonderful books last year that definitely made me think and just appreciate the existence of books even more. (Not that I didn’t already haha..)
- Learning as much as I could and trying to make a difference. It’s absolutely unbelievable how much of poverty and injustice that people go through, even today, and it has really inspired me to do everything that I possibly can to do something to help.
I was also blessed enough to spend tons of time with my family and friends, learn an immense amount about the world and ate lots of chocolate. (Because chocolate is amazing, so why not?)
Although I wasn’t able to accomplish many of my blogging goals in 2018, I did manage to do a lot of other things! I tried out food I hadn’t eaten before (shrimp and dumplings!) and tried my best to get out of my comfort zone as much as I possibly could.
I’ve learnt that it’s not about how much you do, it’s about how you do it. Setting goals is simply a way to motivate me to do something different and to make each moment more exciting!
- Collaborate with more people! (This was something I really wanted to do last year, but I wasn’t able to. I’m definitely going to try my best to do it this year!)
- Start up a new blogging series! (I’ve got so many ideas and I can’t wait to share them with all of you!)
- Get to know more of the amazing blogging community.
- Do more fashion/style posts.
- Blog as much as I possibly can!
- Get straight As for all my subjects (including MATH)
- Bake the perfect chocolate chip cookies (yes, this is very important.)
- Follow one of Bob Ross’s painting tutorials
- Try out new things and experience as much as I possibly can
- Be more eco-friendly when it comes to both the big and little things
- Read MORE
- Become a better writer + perfect my writing schedule
- Get better at learning new languages (I’m never consistent haha..)
I think that no matter what you do or how hard you work,if you don’t have a positive mindset/outlook on everything you won’t ever enjoy it. Life isn’t always about the big, grand moments, it’s also about making the most out of the little things and appreciating all of your opportunities!
That’s why, I’ve decided to make that my motto for this year- Make the Most Out of Every Moment. It’s quite similar to my motto for last year but that’s also why I like it. It’s a reminder to treasure the little things and take advantage of the big opportunities!
Thank you so much for reading! I really hope that you liked this post! Ooh, Now I want to know: What are your goals for this year? What were your favorite moments of 2018?? What do you want me to blog about next? Let me know in the comments!