I hope you are all having an awesome Tuesday! This post was originally going to be another ‘Motivational Monday’ post (hence the delay) but I decided not to, because I didn’t want to do two Motivational Mondays in a row but I still did want to share this DIY with you all! 😊
Lately I’ve been going through a bit of a cute throw pillow making obsession. For some reason it’s very very satisfyingly to just sit for and make something completely original and then stuff it and just watch it come to life! It’s just really fun! 😍
I even think it’s becoming a bit of problem ha ha..I’ve already made about three pillows and I’m not even close to overcoming it? 😂
So I decided to make the most of it and share one of my favorite DIY pillows with you all! I hope you like it!
- White Cloth (or cloth in any other colour of your choice)
- Paint (in any colour of your choice. I chose black paint) and Paint brushes
- Markers or Paint Pens (if you don’t want to paint)
- A Pom-Pom trim. (If you don’t have this, then you could use any other lace or ribbon that you have at home)
- A pencil
- And a Scissor
- The first thing you will need to do is cut your cloth to the size that you want your throw pillow to be and map out your design on the cloth. Make sure to fold it in half so that the cloth is perfectly even on both sides.
- For the next step, you will have to grab your paint or your markers and do a little outline of the word that you have chosen and fill it in with paint. or you could even leave it as it is.
ided to try and replicate a picture of the word instead. (If that makes any sense at all haha..)
Here's what I used to help me! (I just typed out the word in my fave calligraphy style font and looked at it for inspiration!) ❤️
- After that,you have to either glue or stitch your trim along three edges of the pillow. This is to close up the edges and to attach the trim. For me this was the hardest step as I’m not very good at sewing but it was also quite relaxing and even a bit satisfying? 😂
Important Things to Remember.Don’t forget to leave one edge open so you can add in the stuffing.
- If you are using glue then make sure to turn the pillow inside out before glueing the sides.
- Now it’s time for the really fun part. STUFFING!! Stuff the pillow with as much stuffing as you possibly can! The more the stuffing the more cuddly and cosy it’s going to be! 😍❤️ just have fun with it!
And that’s it!
Here’s how my pillow turned out!
It’s not perfect but I’m still really pleased with it! 😊❤️
What do you think of my pillow? Are you going to try this DIY out? I do hope so! Oh and if you do, what will you write on your pillow? I’d love to know!! 🎉Alright now it’s..Time for the Comment of the Week! 🎉